What have you been reading this week?
It’s been a bit of a weird week all in all. I’ve barely read a thing and I haven’t really felt like doing much. I need to get my act together before the end of the month. I’m still on book 2 of May and we’re half way through. I think I’ll dig out some audiobooks to get me back on track.
Weekly Blog Posts
- BOOK REVIEW – French Braid by Anne Tyler
This was my first Anne Tyler novel, so I wasn’t sure what to think. I figured it would be my kind of thing but you never know. See my post to find out if I’ll be adding more Anne Tyler to my TBR.
- FILM REVIEW – Nomadland (2020)
It’s about time that I start catching up on all of the big films that I’ve missed due to the pandemic. This is a major one that, under normal circumstances, I’d have watched ages ago. Check out my review to see if this was worth the wait.
- BOOKISH POST – My Problem With Contemporary Crime Fiction
I didn’t finish a book in time for my post this Friday. Instead, I posted an old fashioned Motherbooker rant about crime fiction. Check out my post to see what I’m complaining about this time.
I’m trying not to feel guilty about not finishing anything. It’s not the worst thing in the world.
- Can You Ever Forgive Me? by Lee Israel
This book is less than 200 pages but I haven’t managed to finish it yet. I’m close but not as close as I should be.
Still haven’t bought anything new. There’s plenty that I want but I’m being good right now. We’ll see how long I can keep it up for.
- Taskmaster – Still watching old series of this show. Now I’m rewatching series 11.
- The Goldbergs – I wasn’t ready for the season that included interviews with the real-life counterparts of the characters. Such a cute show.