What have you been reading this week?
As expected, this week has been long and tiring. I’m not saying that I’d enjoy working from home for the rest of my life but it was at least allowing me to get some sleep. I’m not quite in my old pattern so it was a struggle to get everything done. Which is why I didn’t actually get everything done. Not only have I still not finished my current read but I skipped a blog post. I just couldn’t do it. It doesn’t help that I’ve definitely caught a cold from someone in my office. I guess it’s to be expected after avoiding everyone for so long and I should be grateful that it’s not something worse. Especially as we’re in another local lockdown. I don’t know who Boris is trying to kid with his talk about a lack of national lockdown. He’s such a waste of space.
Weekly Blog Posts
- BOOKISH POST – Motherbooker’s Recommendations: 5 Great Quick Reads
Thanks to my lack of reading this week, I was forced to find alternative content for my book posts this week. I tried to pretend that I was a proper book blogger and decided to recommend some book. Namely my favourite quick reads. I think it’s always great to have a few short books on hand in case I need to finish something for a review, so why not make a list of the best ones I’ve read? If you’re looking for a book under 250 pages, check out my post for a few ideas.
- TUESDAY REVIEW – Portrait of a Lady on Fire (2019)
I did manage to watch a film this week and it was a great one. Although, it was bloody hard to write about. It was one of those moments when I finally watched a really hyped movie and it turned out to be both as good as I expected and better. This is one of those life changing films that don’t come along very often and I’m so annoyed that I put it off for so long. Read my review to see if I managed to come up with something coherent to say.
- BOOK REVIEW – Agatha Christie – Where to start?
My second non-review bookish post of the week and it’s all about Agatha Christie. With the new film coming soon, interest in her novels has started to increase again. I know that it can be really intimidating trying to get into her work because there’s so much. Where do you start? There are so may different schools of thought on this that I decided it was only right that I offer my ideas too. If you want to try out the Queen of Crime, head or head over to my post to see my suggested starting points.
- TBT REVIEW –
So, I didn’t actually write a review but I did watch a film for it. I decided, after seeing it on Netflix for a while, to rewatch The Wedding Singer. However, I just couldn’t motivate myself to write it and then I really needed an early night. In the end, I decided that it wasn’t worth forcing myself to write something when I really wasn’t feeling it. Maybe I’ll do it next week?
I have achieved nothing this week. I’m near the end of my current read but it’s taken my ages. If work hadn’t forced me to go back then I probably would have done more this week.
- The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman
It’s not that I’m not enjoying this but it’s just that I’m not in the right frame of mind to read. The chapters are short but I can barely make it through more than 2/3 before my eyes start drooping. Covid worry and work stress have definitely increased since being back in the office.
- Gotta Get Theroux This by Louis Theroux
I meant to get more of this done but I’ve had a few late nights this week. I don’t like starting an audiobook to late because I worry that I won’t pay attention. I’ll get round to this soon.
You might be thinking that, because I haven’t read anything, that I’d have been able to restrain myself not to buy anything new. You’d be wrong. I finally bought Pizza Girl by Jean Kyoung Frazier and I can’t wait to read it. It sounds like such an interesting novel and I love a character driven book. It sounds perfect for me.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race – It’s been a while since my last rewatch, so I decided to go back to season 10. There are some good Queens on that season but I still don’t think Eureka deserved to be in the final. She wasn’t doing anything that special and that last runway look? Didn’t stand up to any of the others.
- Come Dine With Me – We need more of these episodes on Netflix. I’ve finished the ones on there and I refuse to watch Couples Come Dine With Me. It’s just not as much fun.
- Criminal: UK – Season 2 came out and one of the episodes nearly caused me to write a blog post. I’m wondering if I still might because it really bugged me. Then again, I might not bother as nobody else seems bothered by it.