So how has your week been? What have you been reading?
Today has been a good day but I’ve felt utterly awful for the past 2 days. I woke up yesterday with a horrible cold and I’ve been suffering all day. I’m so pathetic that I keep having to lie down after doing anything. Still, I’ve managed to take quite a few photos for Instagram today. It’s always useful to get ahead of myself. Especially with the buys weeks I’ve got coming up. Hopefully it is something that can last. Doubtful but fingers crossed.
Weekly Blog Posts
- TUESDAY’S REVIEWS – Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (2018)
This week, whilst being a good daughter, I went to see the sequel to the much-loved musical. I wasn’t exactly excited by the prospect but I do have a perverse relationship with the first film. Would this make me just as angry or would it actually improve on it? To find out for yourself go to my review here.
- BOOK REVIEW – Kenobi by John Jackson Miller
Without wanting to get ahead of myself, this book review thing is going pretty well. I’ve got one lined up for this week and, if all goes well with my reading, I should be okay the week after. Although, writing this has probably jinxed me. But, until then, I’m still working through my August reads with this Star Wars novel. To read my review click here.
- THROWBACK THIRTY – For Keeps(1988)
I guess it wouldn’t really have been much of an 80s related series if I didn’t watch at least one Molly Ringwald film. Unfortunately, that film happened to be the one where she went through a teen pregnancy. Not exactly a classic. Check out my review here.
- Eleanor Oliphant if Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
I finished this one super quickly and absolutely loved it. I’m really looking forward to writing the review on Wednesday. In fact, I loved it so much that it’s been impossible to pick what to read next. I started 2 different books until I decided on my current read. Really though, how do you follow this?
- The Monsters We Deserve by Marcus Sedgwick
I’m not far on with this but it already feels like the kind of book that I’ll adore. It’s beautifully written and is such an interesting concept. I can’t wait to carry on with it. Not bad for a book bought for the cover.
I’ve managed to only buy two books this week so that’s pretty good. Not great considering how many I already own but something. Right?
- The Monsters We Deserve by Marcus Sedgwick – Went into my local bookshop and fell in the love with a book cover. Then I read the synopsis and decided I couldn’t stop myself from buying this book. I started reading it immediately.
- Sabrina by Nick Drnaso: Every time the Man Booker shortlist comes out I end up wanting to read everything. This year hasn’t been quite as difficult to ignore but I was super interested to read this. After all, it’s the first time a graphic novel has come so close to the prize. How can you ignore that?
- Netflix Binges – Waking the Dead, Paradise PD
Still been hooked on Waking the Dead this week but, after watching my favourite series (4 by the way) I think it’s time for a break. Too much murder in a row is probably bad for my mental health. So I’m back on Netflix and have just started this new animation. I’m quite enjoying it so far. Not quite Rick and Morty or BoJack Horseman but it’s entertaining. Like Family Guy meets Brooklyn Nine-Nine. We’ll see how it goes.
Who is Murdocal? A casual critic who is a little bit too obsessed with pop culture. A young woman who swears and rants much more than she knows she should whilst trying to make her way in an adult world she isn't prepared for. A not as recent as she'd like literature graduate who, between job applications and subsequent rejections, has turned to the internet to fight the boredom and review the shit out of everything.
"Maybe, just maybe, I'm the faller. Every family has someone who falls, who doesn't make the grade, who stumbles, who life trips up. Maybe I'm our faller."