What have you been reading this week?
Happy New Year everyone. Hopefully, you all had a lovely end to 2022 and are ready for 2023. I’ll be posting my end of year reading review tomorrow, so for now we’ll just do my usual weekly wrap-up. I’ve had a fairly successful week and have finished a few books before the end of the year. December still wasn’t my greatest month ever but it would have been worse.
Weekly Blog Posts
- BOOK REVIEW – Hercule Poirot’s Christmas by Agatha Christie
I needed to find a festive read for this year and what better book to pick than one starring Hercule Poirot? It’s been a while since I read this one, so it’s always good to go back. I’m also never sure if I love it or not. It’s a Christmas must read but is it one of her best? Find out by reading my review.
- FILM REVIEW – Glass Onion
So many people have been waiting for this film for ages. Personally, I was looking forward to it but I wasn’t desperate to watch it. I was happy to see Daniel Craig back but I wasn’t exactly blown away by the first one. Would the second one be more fun? Check out my review to find out.
- BOOKISH POST – December 2022 Reading Wrap-Up
The end of the month means monthly wrap-up time. December is a big month for wrap-ups and we’re starting with the number of books I read in the last month. How many did I manage? Read my post to see.
- How To Be Right… in a World Gone Wrong by James O’Brien
I love James O’Brien, so I’ve been thinking about reading this for a while. I borrowed it from the library to listen to at my one day of work last week. It was an interesting read but pretty familiar for anyone who is aware of his radio show. Still, worth a listen I reckon.
- I’m a Fan by Sheena Patel
I wanted to sneak this one in before the end of the year. I’d meant to read it earlier but hadn’t got round to it. It seemed like a good book to get in before the end of 2022 and I’m glad I finally read it.
- Diary of a Void by Emi Yagi
Another book that I’d intended to read earlier in the year but I got distracted. I was very excited to read this one because it sounded so fun. A woman gets caught in a lie when she tells everyone she works with that she’s pregnant. How long can she keep going?
Okay, I’ve done a few January sales purchases and made some pre-orders for next year. I might do a separate post about pre-orders, so here are my recent purchases.
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid – I’ve been eyeing up the special edition hardback of this book for ages but I wasn’t going to buy it. At least not until I’d read the book. I caved during the January sale. It’s so pretty. I hope I enjoy this book.
- The Secret Lives of Church Ladies by Deesha Philyaw – A book that I found during the Waterstones January sale. It sounds really good and I couldn’t resist getting a copy.
- That Green Eyed Girl by Julie Owen Moylan – Another book that I’ve been considering for a while and it seemed like the right time. I’m excited to get stuck in.
- A Loom of One’s Own: Crafts for Book Lovers – Another book that I’ve wanted for ages and that sounds quite fun. I probably won’t end up doing any of the crafts but I’m sure I’ll enjoy looking at them.
- The Crown – I was convinced that I wasn’t going to watch this series but, as usual, I got dragged into the latest season. It’s not as good as it was and I feel uncomfortable watching it at times. Still, the acting is pretty good.