What have you been reading this week?
I have to be honest, I’ve not had a great week work wise. It’s been so stressful and busy that I’ve just been exhausted. Although, I have actually made progress with my current physical read. Yes, I’m still not halfway through but I’m so close. I guess it’s been a while since I read a book over 300 pages and it’s proving tricky. I’ll have to get a lot done today because I’ve got loads more books waiting for me. Loads of books that I want to read.
Weekly Blog Posts
- BOOK REVIEW – Max Einstein: Rebels With a Cause by James Patterson and Chris Grabenstein
I didn’t exactly love the first book in this series but I thought it was only fair to listen to the sequel as well. It could have just been first book teething problems after all. Check out my review to see if it was worth carrying on with the series.
- BOOK REVIEW – You Should See Me In A Crown by Leah Johnson
Yet again, I found myself needing to fit in a book so I could keep on top of my reviews this week. I’d spotted this on Spotify a while ago and knew a lot of people raved about it. To find out if I agreed, read my review.
- FILM REVIEW – The Addams Family 2
I had to force myself to watch a film this week. So, I found the shortest one I could and just went with it. I’d seen the previous animated film but wasn’t exactly craving a sequel. Check out my review to see if this surprised me.
- You Should See Me In A Crown by Leah Johnson
An audiobook that I found on Spotify and listened to this week. I’d seen it around but didn’t think it would be my thing. As it was a book that I could easily listen to at work, I gave it a chance. Did it pay off? Not really.
- And The Ocean Was Our Sky by Patrick Ness
Another library book that I picked because it was short. I’ve only read a couple of books by Patrick Ness before. One (A Monster Calls) that I loved and one (The Rest of Us Just Live Here) that I didn’t. This would be the book that made me decide if Patrick Ness is the writer for me.
- The Crooked Little Pieces by Sophia Lambton
Almost halfway through. I’m not sure how I’m feeling overall about this one but I want to see it through now.
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
I started listening to this at the end of last week but I didn’t manage to finish it. It seems cute but not as cute as the cover suggested.
I think that I’ve managed to resist this week. I’ve come very close but kept strong. I’m very proud.
- Disenchantment – I’ve never known if I actually like this show or not but I decided to watch the fourth series anyway.
- The Rings of Power – I know it’s early days but I think I’m going to enjoy this one. I get that they’re being a bit liberal with Tolkien’s original stories but needs must.