What have you been reading this week?
My first week back at work after my holiday was a long one. I definitely would have preferred another 7 days off before going back. It was also business as usual on the blog. Although, I did skip the film review this week because I had too many book reviews to get through. I don’t like the idea of still reviewing July reads halfway through August.
Weekly Blog Posts
- BOOKISH POST – July 2022 Reading Wrap-Up
I thought that July was going to be the month that got me back on track with my reading. I was wrong. It wasn’t a complete disaster but it was much harder than I’d anticipated. Check out my post to how this month’s reading went.
- BOOK REVIEW – The Herd by Emily Edwards
This has been one of my TBR books that I’ve been really excited about. I think it’s a fascinating topic and was interested to see how it was handled. Check out my review to see if it lived up to my expectations.
- BOOKISH POST – How To Kill Your Family by Bella Mackie
My second holiday read was another that I’d been looking forward to reading it for ages. It sounded like such a great book for me, which is normally a sign that I’ll hate it. Read my post to find out how it went.
- Dear Mr. M by Herman Koch
I’ve read a couple of Herman Koch’s books over the years and have not been particularly impressed. So, I wasn’t that desperate to read this one. At least not until it came up as an audiobook at the library. Then I thought, why not?
- Rubyruit Jungle by Rita Mae Brown
I listed this as my currently reading in last week’s rundown but that was a lie. It was my next read but I didn’t actually pick it up until yesterday. I’ve just been so distracted lately.
- The Flatshare by Beth O’Leary
Another audiobook that came up at my library, so I thought I’d start listening to it on Friday. I’ve had a copy of this for a while and everyone says it’s really cute. I’m pretty sure I know where it’s going to go before really getting started, so we’ll have to see how I cope.
- The Crooked Little Pieces by Sophia Lambton
Keeping this here in the hope that my guilt gets so strong that I read it soon.
I’ve borrowed some library books but not actually bought anything. I take that as a very positive sign. Sorting out my library card was definitely a good idea.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race – I’ve now finished season 6 and have started season 7. This has happened so many times before when I’m in a funk. I just rewatch the same old shit and never start anything new.
- MockingJay (Part 1 and 2) – After reading each book in the series, I’ve been watching the film adaptation. This week I finished the last 2 films in the franchise. They aren’t the greatest but they’re fine.