What have you been reading this week?
I’m back home from my holiday and I’m back to work tomorrow. It’s all gone so quickly and I’m utterly exhausted. It’s been a great week even though I didn’t quite read as much as I normally would on a week off. Obviously, this week’s rundown will be a lot shorter because I’ve not posted anything since last Sunday. However, I thought it would be good to update my current reading for everyone.
- The Herd by Emily Edwards
This was my first holiday read and I managed to get through it fairly quickly. I’m not sure that it was everything that I expected it to be but it was an interesting read. My full review is coming soon.
- How To Kill Your Family by Bella Mackie
The second book I picked up on my week off. This has been on my list for ages and I was so keen to finish it. It’s like a less graphic and female version of American Psycho.
- Rubyfruit Jungle by Rita Mae Brown
I had wanted to find time to read this when I was away but I didn’t get round to it. This is our book club pick for this month and I really need to get through it.
- The Crooked Little Pieces by Sophia Lambton
I definitely planned to read this when I was away but I was too enticed by my other books. This is definitely going to be read this month.
Before going away, I vastly overestimated how much reading I would do last week and bought a few new ebooks to keep me busy. They were:
- The Men by Sandra Newman
- We Had To Remove This Post by Hanna Bervoets
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- This is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar
- RuPaul’s Drag Race – In honour of All Stars 7 (which I’ve only kept up with via YouTube clips), I’m reliving Jinkxx Monsoon’s season. She’s one of my favourite drag queens from the series and I love going back.