What have you been reading this week?
After a couple of weeks lost to Covid, I’m pleased to announce that I’m officially Covid free. I’ve been feeling better since last Monday but now I’m actually able to leave the house again. It’s such a relief after testing negative so many days after my symptoms were gone. It also meant that I should be able to get back on track with my reading. I’ve already finished a couple of books last week, so I’m feeling pretty positive going into the next 7 days.
Weekly Blog Posts
- BOOK REVIEW – The Lady’s Guide to Fortune-Hunting by Sophie Irwin
I listened to this in a Covid haze so I was worried that I wouldn’t remember it. Thankfully, I remembered enough and had plenty to say about it. Check out my review to see what my delirious self thought.
- FILM REVIEW – The Bubble (2022)
Some would say that a Pandemic-based comedy wasn’t the best viewing choice for my Covid isolation but that’s what I decided. Maybe seeing people make fun of lockdown would cheer me up? Check out my review to see if this made me feel better.
- BOOKISH POST – 2022 Mid-Year Review
I didn’t set official reading resolutions this year but that doesn’t mean I can’t review my reading at the halfway point. How much have I read and what have I been reading? Read my post to see how I’m doing in 2022.
- The Dinner Guest by B P Walter
I borrowed this from online library catalogue and had to finish it this week. So, I started listening at work. I wasn’t sure how much I’d enjoy this but it did surprise me. I expected to hate it but it wasn’t a complete disaster.
- Nightmares & Daydreams by Dominic J Anton
I got sent a copy of this book to read and I’m really excited. I wish Covid hadn’t stopped me from getting further. I’m hoping to get through this today. At least a large chunk of it.
- The Crooked Little Pieces by Sophia Lambton
I’m not officially reading anything yet but I need to get to grips with this one asap. It’s been far too long and I’m so excited to read it.
After last week, I haven’t bought a single thing. I’m waiting on a few pre-orders that are going to be delayed, which is kind of annoying but I’ll cope.
- The Orville – Still not sure that I actually enjoy this because it’s good or because it’s inoffensive. Also, Seth MacFarlane has no business acting. He’s a good voice actor but in a dramatic show like this? Not for me. He is so wooden and awkward on screen.