What have you been reading this week?
It was my friend’s wedding yesterday, so I haven’t exactly been reading much in the last few days. So July is starting off badly. I’m sure I can make some ground up as I’m going away in a few weeks. I normally manage a bit of reading on holiday.
Weekly Blog Posts
- FILM REVIEW – Senior Year (2020)
I never had any great expectations about this film. It just seemed like every other Netflix original comedy. I still felt like I had to give it a chance as I’ve always liked Rebel Wilson. Check out my review to see if this was worthy of her.
- BOOK TOUR – A Scandal In Brooklyn by Lauren Wilkinson
There are a few books that are guaranteed to get me super excited. One of them is a modernised Arthur Conan Doyle story starring Irene Adler and set in the tech world. Sounds good, right? See my post to find out more about it.
- BOOK REVIEW – A Scandal in Brooklyn by Lauren Wilkinson
I originally wanted to include my review of this short story in my tour post. However, it just didn’t seem to fit. So, I posted a separate one. Check out my review to see the story lived up to its potential.
- BOOKISH POST – June 2022 Reading Wrap-Up
We’re already in July, which means another reading wrap-up. Did I manage to read all of my Pride TBR? No way. Did I read enough? Read my post to find out what I read last month.
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Last week I listened to the sequel. The narrator wasn’t as good as Tatiana Maslany and that did lessen my enjoyment somewhat. It’s also hard when you know the basic plot. I was just waiting for stuff to happen.
- Murder Before Evensong by The Reverend Richard Coles
It took so long to finish but I finally did. I’m not sure how I feel about this one but it didn’t go as I expected at all.
- The Crooked Little Pieces by Sophia Lambton
I keep agreeing to read books and then not reading them. I feel so guilty. I have so many to get through that I’m really excited about. I just need to get better at it.
After a few bad weeks, I’ve managed to avoid buying anything this week. Hopefully, I can keep it up over July.
- Stranger Things – One of the reasons I renewed my subscription. It was a good season but was it perfect? No. The final episode was ridiculous and it definitely jumped the shark a few times.
- RuPaul’s Drah Race – As if I’d get Netflix back and not binge this show again. It was my whole life before I stopped it.