What have you been reading this week?
Well, I feel as though I’ve turned a bit of a corner this month. Yes, it’s early days but I’m already 3 books down and well on my way with the third. I can’t promise to keep up this momentum all month but I’m feeling better than I did in May. Of course, I have a lot going on in the next couple of months, so that will no doubt impact on my total of books. Maybe I can just stick to short ones?
Weekly Blog Posts
- FILM REVIEW – The Bad Guys (2022)
Villains are just better than heroes, right? That’s so often the case, which is why this animated film was so intriguing. However, it didn’t mean it would actually be any good. The trailer certainly gave me doubts about how good it would so. S, I decided it was only fair to find out for myself. Check out my review to see these guys were bad in more ways than one.
- BOOK REVIEW – Heartstopper Volume 1 and 2 by Alice Oseman
There are certain books that are universally beloved on social media. One of them is The Song of Achilles. Then there is the Heartstopper series. Having found Madeline Miller’s book to be worthy of the praise, I knew it was worth checking out these graphic novels. See my review to see if this lived up to the hype.
- BOOK REVIEW – The Windsor Knot by S. J. Bennett
I pick up some books based on their reputation. Others I pick because they look pretty. Then there are the ones that I just reckon will be a lot of fun. This was one such book. The premise sounded so silly that I had to try it. Check out my review to find out if this was everything I wanted it to be.
- Heartstopper Volume 1 and 2 by Alice Oseman
The book series that you can’t really ignore right now. I made it through the first two volumes at the start of the week. I’m in no real rush to finish the others but I’m sure I will eventually.
- The Windsor Knot by S. J. Bennett
I couldn’t think of a more fitting read for the Jubilee weekend than this one. Yes, I’m no fan of the Royal Family but I love a cosy crime novel. So why not a cosy crime novel starring the Queen? Well, turns out there are quite a few reasons but never mind. Lesson learnt.
- Solitaire by Alice Oseman
Who knew there were books on Spotify? I didn’t until I stumbled across this one. As I’d just finished the first two Heartstopper graphic novels, I decided to give it a listen.
- Murder Before Evensong by The Reverend Richard Coles
I pre-ordered this ages ago and it turned up this week. I opened it as soon as possible. I’m very excited about getting into this.
- The Crooked Little Pieces by Sophia Lambton
Not sure that it counts as still reading when I haven’t thought about it in a while. I will get there. I’m looking forward to it but I just dropped the ball a bit.
Didn’t buy any books but I did finally sort out a library card. I can’t promise that I’ll use it a lot but I’ll try.
- The Outlaws – Ricky Gervais is problematic these days so it’s great that Stephen Merchant is still reliable. This series is so good. I’m not sure we need a series 3 but I know I’ll watch it.
- The Simpsons – Yep, I’m trapped in another rewatching cycle. It’s pretty much all use Disney+ for at the moment.