What have you been reading this week?
I hope you’ve all had a good week. It’s not been too bad for me. Of course, reading has been fairly slow again but I’m not concerned at the moment. I’ve still got a whole month ahead of me. I have, at least, finished something and my current read is fairly short. It also helps that I have to finish it in time for book club. There’s nothing like a deadline to get you really motivated. Still not sure what I’ll read afterwards but I’ve got plenty on my TBR.
Weekly Blog Posts
- BOOKISH POST – April 2022 Reading Wrap-Up
It was the start of a new month which means it was time for another reading wrap-up. I don’t think I did as well with my reading count as I’d have liked but I do think April was more positive than previous ones. Three 5 star reads and two 4 stars. Not bad. See my post to find out my top books of the month.
- FILM REVIEW – The Batman (2021)
I like Batman to a certain extent. I’ve read the most obvious graphic novels and seen all the films. I’m not mad about the character though, so I wasn’t completely invested in this film. Although, I liked the idea of R Patz in the main role and people seemed to like it. Check out my review to see if I was as good as everyone says.
- BOOK REVIEW – Hourglass by Keiran Goddard
You pick up some books without knowing if you’ll enjoy them or not. Others you just get a feeling about. I knew that I’d like this one but I didn’t expect to love it quite as much. I’ve not been able to get it out of my head since I finished it. What was so special about it? Check out my review to see why I haven’t been able to stop thinking about Hourglass.
- French Braid by Anne Tyler
I’ve had this ARC for ages and didn’t get round to it before the book came out. I’d intended to read it last month but had too much to get through. It’s taken me longer to read than it should have but not because it’s a bad read. I really enjoyed it. As you’ll see in my review this week.
- Can You Ever Forgive Me? by Lee Israel
This is our book club’s read of May and I’ve been really looking forward to it. I’ve seen the film but I wanted to see how faithful an adaptation it was.
I’ve been so bad recently that I definitely needed a month without buying any new books. Hopefully, I can keep it up throughout May.
- Taskmaster – Still watching old series of this show. Now I’m rewatching series 11.
- The Goldbergs – I used to watch this show all the time but lost track a few years ago. Now I’m starting from scratch. It’s not the best show ever but it’s sweet. And who doesn’t love endless 80s references that aren’t awkwardly shoehorned into a story?