What have you been reading this week?
I’ll be honest, I haven’t read a lot this weekend. I’ve not really been feeling it for one reason or another. It’s been very frustrating but it happens. I’m still doing pretty well for the year, so I’m not massively concerned. But I do need to get back into the habit of reading physical books. I’m relying too much on audiobooks. Not a problem in itself but I have too many physical books to get through. One day I’m sure I’ll get the balance right.
Weekly Blog Posts
- BOOK REVIEW –The Royal Rabbits of London by Santa Montefiore, Simon Sebag Montefiore
This was a random pick from my local charity book shop and I wasn’t sure what to expect. I picked it up because the premise sounded amazing and I’ll always be interested in the personification of animals in kid’s books. But would this actually be as good as it sounded? Check out my review to see if it did.
- FILM REVIEW – Turning Red (2022)
I wasn’t exactly surprised to discover that Turning Red was being criticised by the audience directly following its release. I mean, people have been moaning about it since the trailer dropped. I knew that I had to see what this was like for myself. Did I agree with the professional critics or the audience? You’ll have to check out my review to find out.
- BOOK REVIEW –The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
There are some writers who are just love ’em or hate ’em. Douglas Adams is one of those writers. I know people who absolutely adore him and just as many who can’t stand them. I enjoy his writing and, when I needed a quick read this week, I decided to crack out my audiobook of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Check out my review to see if this was still as enjoyable to read.
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
I listened to this at work on Thursday because I needed something to review for Friday. It was narrated by Stephen Fry, which just made the whole experience much more entertaining. And I already think this book is pretty entertaining.
- Mother For Dinner by Shalom Auslander
I’ve not been sleeping well lately, so reading at night hasn’t gone well. I keep falling asleep before I can really make any headway with this one. I’m still enjoying it though and will definitely find time to read it today.
I had a pretty big charity book haul recently as well as a few other hauls. I know that I shouldn’t be doing it but I couldn’t help myself.
- The Maid by Nita Prose – I’ve had my eye on this for a while, so when it got to a decent price I decided to add it to my TBR. I’ll no doubt get to it in a few months.
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia – I preordered Silvia Moreno-Garcia’s next book, so I decided that it was finally time to get round to reading this one. I’ve had the audiobook for a while but I hoped that buying the paperback would help.
- Masterchef Australia – Already started another season but I’m not as connected with the contestants yet. It always takes a while to pick a favourite.
- Modern Family – I haven’t been using my Disney+ subscription a lot, so I decided to revisit this series from the start. It’s a nice enough show. Even if it isn’t laugh out loud funny.