What have you been reading this week?
After a week of feeling absolutely rotten, I’m finally starting to get back to normal. It’s been a week of coughing and sore throats. Meaning that I’ve not really been in the mood for anything. Although, I have actually managed to finish a couple of books. Of course, I did miss a blog post on Friday but it was probably for the best. God knows what I’d have written considering the state I was in on Thursday night/Friday morning.
Weekly Blog Posts
- BOOK REVIEW –Open Water by Caleb Azumah Nelson
This book has been on my TBR for a while and I knew that I really wanted to finish it before the end of the year. Thankfully, a fellow Bookstagrammer suggested that we read it as a buddy read this month. Would it be worth the wait? Check out my review to find out.
- TBT REVIEW – The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
To honour the 20th anniversary of the first film in the LOTR’s trilogy, I decided it was a good time to go back and watch it. It’s probably been a while since I last saw it and I was interested to see how it held up. 20 years is a long time in film because technology is moving so quickly. If you’re feeling nostalgic then check out my review.
- An English Murder by Cyril Hare
It took a lot longer to read this because of my general state this week. However, I did manage a chapter or 2 each night. This was a charming little festive murder mystery and I’m glad that I managed to get through it. It’s just a shame that I didn’t get the review finished for Friday.
- Taste by Stanley Tucci
I started listening to the audiobook when I was at work last week. It was a great way to make me feel a little better and keep me going. This is another of those books where listening to the audiobook makes the experience much better.
- The Robin and the Reindeer by Rosa Bailey and Carmen Saldaña
This is another book from my December TBR and one that will cross the R off my Reading Challenge. It’s a cute little children’s book, so I’m hoping it’ll be another quick one. Just depends how I feel today.
I don’t think that I’ve bought anything this week. Not only have I been too ill but I’ve been focused on buying Christmas presents.
- Sabrina– I used to love this show when I was a kid and it’s been such a good thing to have on when I’ve been feeling terrible. Something familiar and something that doesn’t require too much attention. The perfect show for my sickbed.
- Family Guy– Started watching some of the earlier seasons again. It’s been a great thing to watch when I’ve not been up to anything too heavy.