What have you been reading this week?
Yesterday was the first day of a week’s holiday from work and I am so happy. I’ve been in need of break for months and I plan on taking it easy. I guess I’ll also try and fit in some reading along the way. It only seems fair. Although, I’ve not got off to the best of starts. I did a bit on Saturday but not enough. I need to get a move on to get all of my potential June reads finished before Pride is over.
Weekly Blog Posts
- BOOK REVIEW – You by Austin Grossman
I’ve had a copy of this book since 2015. I can’t really remember why I bought it or why I never read it. As with a lot of books on my shelves. As I needed a Y book for my July reading challenge, I decided it was finally time to take it off my TBR. Was it going to be worth the wait? You’ll need to head over to my review to find out.
- TUESDAY REVIEW – Trouble (2019)
One of these days, I’ll remember to get ahead of my Tuesday review and watch a film in time. Until that day, I’ll just be resigned to watching whatever animated film I can find on Netflix. Preferably one that has a runtime of under 90 minutes. How did this one work out for me? Head over to my review to find out.
- BOOK REVIEW – Nemesis by Agatha Christie
It wouldn’t be a good month if I didn’t get at least one Agatha Christie book read. Nemesis was the perfect book for crossing off a letter for my Read the Month reading challenge. It’s my aim to read as many Christie books as I can before October and being able to cross another off the list is always great. But was it a great book? You’ll only know if you check out my my review to see.
- The Employees: A Workplace Novel of the 22nd Century by Olga Ravn
This book is only just over 100 pages long but it took my so long to read it. I’ve felt awful this week and have been falling asleep when trying to read. I’ve been exhausted and not in the mood. So, I needed to settle down yesterday in order to get t done. It’s an interesting ready and I wish I’d been a better reader. I’ll probably go back to this one at a later date.
I have quite a few books that I want to read this month and I’m not sure which I’ll pick up today. Hopefully a quick one that I get done in time for my review on Wednesday.
I’m fairly confident that I’ve not bought anything this week. It’s definitely for the best considering my large haul over the bank holiday. I definitely don’t need any more.
- 24– God, some of these seasons are so good and other are just the worst. It doesn’t help that I’m watching the show in a really random order. I’m not at season 8 and it’s a weird one. Very little happens until near the end and the whole dynamic is different.
- Four in a Bed – I love stupid British reality shows about really stupid things. This is the pinnacle of lazy watching and I can’t get enough of it.