I’ll be honest, my reading hasn’t gone very well this week. I don’t know what’s wrong with my but the very idea of picking up a book was too much. I didn’t sleep well any night last week so that definitely didn’t help. Still, I was just too exhausted to even open a book. And the idea of concentrating on the words? No thank you. So, after a week of no reading, I decided to get back into Audible. Today I’ve listened to one audiobook and I’m planning on getting another one started this evening. Hopefully, I’ll get back it’ll help get me back in the mood. If I can also get my sleeping back on track then I’ll be back to reading in no time.
Weekly Blog Posts
- TUESDAY REVIEW – The Addams Family (2019)
There’s nothing like checking out a reboot of something you loved as a child to fill you with nostalgia. I wasn’t sure that I was going to like the new Addams family film because of how much I love the 90s films. I still wanted to try it out. After all, Oscar Issacs and Charlize Theron? Is there any sexier pair? And we know that Gomez and Morticia are two sexy weirdos. Go check out my review to find out if the reboot worked for me.
- BOOK REVIEW – Great Goddesses by Nikita Gill
I don’t read enough poetry. I also really love Greek myths. So, this poetry collection was everything that I was looking for. Except that it wasn’t. I was really looking forward to getting into this but I found it so difficult to get through it. It took ages and I ended up really not enjoying it. Read my review to find out more.
- T.HROWBACK THURSDAY – The Addams Family (1991)
What else could I watch for Throwback Thursday this week? I had to revisit the Addams family I knew from childhood. Although, I would say that the sequel Addams Family Values is not only my favourite but the better film. I decided it was only fair to go back to that adaptations first outing. If you’re also feeling a bit nostalgic then head over to my review.
- FRIDAY FAVOURITES – Films I loved as a child
As I said, I was feeling super nostalgic this week. This slipped over into my Friday Favourites. I decided to think about some of the films I used to love when I was younger. Although, all of them continue to hold a special place in my heart. That’s the thing about nostalgia. It prevents you from being able to think critically about things. I guess it doesn’t really matter for films though. These may mostly be guilty pleasure film but it’s the pleasure aspect that matters. Head over to my post to see them.
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
I got a copy of Audible Orginal’s dramatisation of Treasure Island when it came out in 2017 but I’m really bad when it comes to listening to audiobooks. I tend to get distracted and miss loads of stuff. Then I have to go back or just hope it wasn’t important. But I haven’t read more than a couple of pages all week. I knew I’d be pushing it to finish something for Wednesday so I decided to bust out an audiobook. 6.5 hours or so later and I was done.
- Frankissstein by Jeanette Winterson
Not got any further with this for obvious reasons. It’ll be my next read I’m sure. Am I lying? Definitely.
- Supper Club by Lara Williams
I think I’m going to try the audiobook with this one. It might be easier to get through.
- The Sky Is Yours by Chandler Klang Smith
I’ve set this aside for the time being. It feels like it’s going to be a very dense read so I think I’ll leave it for a better time. A time when I’m in the right mood.
I’ll be honest, I went a bit mad this week but I had a £10 voucher for Waterstones. So, it ended up as a pretty good offer.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – I’ve had a Kindle copy of this book for ages but I’ve not read it yet. I know it’s a super popular novel so I thought I’d give it a try with a physical book. The fact that the Waterstones edition is bloody beautiful is just an added bonus. Love it.
- The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern – Whilst I’m at it, I might as well try her latest novel. Again, found a gorgeous edition of so it made even more sense to buy it now.
- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead – I loved The Underground Railroad and was super excited about the follow-up. With my TBR being so big, I didn’t want to buy a copy but I couldn’t hold out too much longer. Although, I have to send it back because it’s damaged. Bloody book shops.
- The Office – I’ve had a really busy week so I haven’t watched a great deal of TV. I have still been watching this series again. It’s so comforting.
- Too much reading for films this week.