Basically I’ve just copied and pasted the opening of this rundown from last week. I’m still in something of a funk. I need to snap out of it. Seriously not in a mood to write this today so I’ve left it to the last-minute again. It’s safe to say this won’t be the most comprehensive rundown ever but sometimes life just gets in the way. So, without further ado.
Weekly Blog Posts
- TUESDAY’S REVIEWS – Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
I finally managed to watch Infinity War last week and I posted my review of it on Tuesday. It feels like we’ve been waiting for years to get here so there was a lot riding on it. Check out my spoiler free review here.
- BOOK POST –
I was going to write a bookish post this week but Wednesday ended up being a really busy day. I was guilted in going to a work event that I didn’t want to go to. So I rushed home from work in order to rush back to work. Then I ended up having to run around all evening and help out with everything. And, to top it all off, without any kind of thanks from anyone. Is it any wonder I hate my job so much?
- THROWBACK THIRTY – Funny Farm (1988)
Chevy Chase is something of a comedy icon who I’ve never really got into. I’ve seen a few of his films but never really cared enough to watch his entire back catalogue. But the joy of my Throwback Thursday section of my blog is that I get to see films I’d never normally have seen. Check out if I’m now a Chevy fan by clicking here.
- BONUS POST – Spoiler Filled Avengers: Infinity War Musings
Because I didn’t write a bookish post this week I decided to do a bonus post that discussed my inner most thoughts after seeing Infinity War. Since seeing the movie I’ve discussed it in-depth with my friends and colleagues. Yet I still find myself with stuff to say. It was such a huge film. So, I decided to make up for my lack this week by giving you a bonus post. I’ve literally just posted it so check it out here.
- Frankenstein in Baghdad by Ahmed Saadawi
Still in a bit of a slump so I’m only a couple of chapters down. I don’t know how to get out of this slump. I’m just generally not motivated by anything at the moment. Taking photos, writing posts, and reading just aren’t things I want to do right now. It took all my effort today to get up and take my week’s worth of Instagram posts. Work is getting me down and life in general has been pretty sucky lately. It’s making slumping in front of Netflix or playing video games seem like the best thing to do.
It’s my friend’s 30th birthday next month so I’m planning a trip down to London to see her. We’re all going to do the Crystal Maze, which I’m phenomenally excited about. The reason I mention this is because I’ve been buying her birthday presents. I got one of those from a book site I love so it seemed rude not to by myself a couple of things too. Especially as there was an offer for May Bank Holiday.
- Illustrated Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle – This came in 3 volumes and I mainly bought them because they were published in 1988. As this is my big 30th year, it seemed appropriate to buy them. I don’t need more copies of this book but it was like fate. They’re not in the best condition but I doubt I’ll actually read them. I have other copies for that.
- Ulysses by James Joyce – I love a simplistic cover and they don’t get more simplistic than the black typographic cover from Penguin. I’ve seen it all over the place but never bought it. Until now. It’s battered and old but it’s wonderful. You’ll see it on Instragram coming up this week. So look out for that.
- Netflix Binges – A Series of Unfortunate Events
The second series of this show came out a while ago but I wanted to revisit the first series before watching the new one. So, this week I started from scratch. I’m already well into the second season by now and am loving the latest stuff. Sunny is still the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. Neil Patrick Harris and Patrick Warburton are both amazing. In fact, the cast is all fantastic. I love this show. It’s perfect.
- Doctor Strange
I’ve been wanting to rewatch this film since I saw Infinity War but never got the chance. I managed it yesterday after work and, if anything, it’s only increased my already insane love for Benedict Cumberbatch. I seriously hope we’re getting a second solo Strange outing. He’s an underrated and underused character in the MCU and Cumberbatch is such a great talent. It’d be a shame to waste him.