Are you ready for Christmas? The big day is only about 7 days away and I still haven’t got my sister’s main present. To be fair, her birthday was only 2 days ago so I was more focused on that than her Christmas present. I have also got her a few small bits so I’m not doing too badly… right? Plus, there’s the added stress of waiting for everything to be delivered. I love getting all of my shopping done online but that does mean relying on Royal Mail to get it here in time. Plus, the desire to buy stuff for myself. I can’t even talk about the number of Christmas jumpers that I’ve nearly bought over the last few days. I’d probably have had enough for every day of advent if I’d let myself go crazy. I, at least, have been pretty good at not buying books. If it weren’t for having to buy a secret Santa present for someone at work then I wouldn’t have had anything to discuss this week.
Weekly Blog Posts
- TUESDAY’S REVIEWS – A Christmas Prince (2017)
I’ve been feeling super Christmassy of late so I made the decision to watch as many Christmas films as possible. I started with this new Netflix classic that I’ve not been able to avoid of late. Is it the new must-see festive flick? Find out here.
- BOOK POST – 12 Days of Christmas Book Tag
I didn’t have a book to review this week so I had to pick a random book tag to do. It seemed appropriate considering my Christmas theme. Want to know more about me? Click here.
- TBT – Angel of Christmas (2015)
After trawling through Netflix for another random Christmas film I came across this gem. It’s very similar to A Christmas Prince but with added angels. What could go wrong? Find out here.
You know what, I actually read something this week. It wasn’t a lot because it’s nearly Christmas for fuck’s sake. It does mean, yet again, that I won’t make it through any of my Christmassy books… for the second year in a row. This is why I don’t bother making TBRs anymore. I can’t stick to them.
- Women & Power by Mary Beard – Mary Beard writing a feminist manifesto? I mean as if I could say no to this?! This sounds perfect and I just couldn’t resist anymore. It wasn’t very expensive and isn’t very long. I can’t wait to read this.
- Nutshell by Ian McEwan – I’ve wanted to buy this for ages because it sounds amazing. I mean it’s like Hamlet but with a fetus instead of a Danish prince. I love it. I’m already looking forward to reading it.
- Star Wars: Thrawn by Timothy Zahn – I’m in a bit of a Star Wars mindset at the moment that when this turned up for Kindle for 99p I couldn’t say no. I’m not even sure when I’m going to read this.
- Netflix Binges: Miranda, Luther, Parks and Rec
I’ve just started an Amazon Prime trial so am enjoying the benefits of Prime video. Starting with finally finishing Luther season 2. It lost its way, somewhat, but I still really like it. Tom Ellis is amazing in the role and it’s a super interesting story. Season 3 awaits. Then, I decided it was time to watch some of favourite Parks and Rec episodes. I fucking love that show.