So, anyone who has been around for a while will have noticed that last month I neglected to publish a ‘TOP 10 WEN-SDAY’ in September. My excuse? Well, to be perfectly honest, I’ve grown tired of the whole thing. It was never really my favourite post to do and I was regularly having to madly finish it at around midnight. I just never had any good ideas and, most of the time, was just writing it for the sake of it. I’ve never wanted this blog to be about posting shit for the sake of it. Though it might not always read like it, I want to post stuff that I’m happy with. I write this blog because I enjoy writing and for the experience. It’s not really about engagement or anything. So, for the time being at least, I’m scrapping the whole Top 10 thing. Instead I’m going to be posting more regularly on a Wednesday (or whatever day I can). I won’t promise it’ll be every week but I’m gonna try. The hope is that these new posts will be helpful in their own way. Most probably more literary in theme or a bit more personal. At least until the end of the year. Then, if I need to overhaul everything in 2018 then so be it. So, as a starting point, I’m reposting something that I recently updated to Instagram that I rather enjoyed doing. It’s 5 (ish) weird facts about me. Let’s do this.
- Whenever I walk past a cat in the street I maintain eye contact for as long as possible… I don’t trust those little buggers. It’s always best to see what they’re up to at all times.
- I don’t give a shit about any of your dreams but, if you give me the chance, I will describe, in great detail, the one I had that ended with Donald Sutherland shouting at me. I was dating his son and spilt wine on his carpet. It was a whole thing…
- I’ve spent a good 10 years worrying about the opening line to Shakira’s song The One. “So I found a reason to shave my legs each single morning”? I mean how hairy is she? How quickly does it grow back? I know she sang She-Wolf but are we absolutely sure that Shakira isn’t a werewolf?
- You know the poem that tells you how many days are in each month? I have to recite that on a regular basis in order to remember. I working in a kitchen so am putting dates on things every day. The end of the month is always a stressful time… and don’t even get me started on February.
- It still really worries me that, if the multiverse theory is true, there exists at least one parallel universe in which Bradley Cooper is a double Oscar winning actor. Bradley fucking Cooper!? Think about that for a second if you dare.
- I love the TV show Thunderbirds and, when I was younger, I had a bit of a crush on Alan Tracy, the youngest member of International Rescue. He was a good looking puppet.
- In 2007 I stumbled across a YouTube video a young girl had made in honour of her dead rabbit. It consisted of a slideshow of photos of the rabbit set to Avril Lavigne’s When You’re Gone. It was one of the most heartfelt and sincere things I’ve ever watched but also the silliest. I have never been able to get that video out of my mind and, for the rest of my life, I will always associate that song with rabbits.